CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

New Book: Boston & Maine- Three Colorful Decades of New England Railroading

For my recent birthday my wife purchased me a new book about the Boston & Maine railroad. I had read it once before and found it informative and fascinating because it blended railroad history with the actual personal perspective of the author, Robert Willoughby Jones, who rode and railfannned the B&M as a child. It has chapters for every branch line and subdivision of the railroad, including maps (helpful for someone like me who doesn't have an extensive background on the railroad's geography) and lots of great color photographs. 

In researching the author a bit more, we discovered that he has written several other books on the B&M that I might want to also add to my library in the future. But for right now, this is a great addition to my small B&M book collection. Even as I write this, I can slowly feel my undivided loyalty to the D&H begin to dissolve...

No comments:

Post a Comment