CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Happy Father's Day (belated)

I had an idea to post a picture of my father on Father's Day, similar to what I did with my mother on Mother's Day, but then I forgot. I can't help it... I am nearly 40. It is a scary time in my life! That being said, I really like the picture below. Our family used to ride the Arcade and Attica Railroad on Father's Day every year, and this is us standing in front of #14 in 1986. I can't tell from my expression what I was thinking but I have a really stupid looking expression on my face. My wife says that about me all the time, so I dunno... (in her defense, she is right)

My dad always helped me with my train projects. He took me trainspotting to lots of great places, including early morning dawn rides to Kodak to watch coal trains, trips to Buffalo and Utica and Arcade to railfan, and occasionally elsewhere. He took me to train shows, and always took pictures of trains he saw (he still does) for me. I am a pretty goofy guy but I know it runs in my genes which I got from him. I am proud of that. I even may have more hair then him but that surely won't last forever!

Love you Dad!

1 comment: