CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Friday, May 28, 2021

Riding the train at the Utica Zoo (1984)

Another birthday is upon me. Typically, I like to try and plan some train outing for my birthday which frequently falls on Memorial Day weekend. Past years have included journeying to Maine to ride the two-footers, Baltimore and their Railroad Museum, several different rail museums in Connecticut, and local tourist trains around here. Last year was a wash, and it looks like this year will be the same.

So I dug into my archives and found a picture of me riding a train from October of 1984. No, it wasn't on my birthday, but I had my glorious blond hair then. This is from the Utica Zoo. I don't know if the train still exists today, but likely not.

Next year I get to have my mid-life crisis. I sure hope there is a train ride involved, or I might end up with a red convertible. I suppose that tender in the picture is close enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment