CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

A Gift of some free Xacto knife blades

A good friend of mine has been helping me build a 1/3 scale live steam locomotive in his basement over the past 8 years. Before that, we built a 1/8 scale tender for a different locomotive and several other projects. He is a master machinist and I appreciate all the help he has given me over the years. 

Through his travels he has picked up a basement full of useful metal bits, hardware, tooling, and other materials. When we were on the topic of hobby knives and blades recently he pulled out a box full that he had acquired for pennies. While all the usual suspects where there, he had a couple I had never seen before and graciously offered some of them to me. I am thinking specifically of the #14 "diamond tipped" and bottom "elephant trunk" blades (my nicknames). The wide #18 chisel is my absolute favorite blade as the thinner #17 frequently breaks when I apply a little too much pressure. But, now I have both for my stash. And a near-lifetime supply of the odd ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment