CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Planning Scenery in North Menands

Even though my "to do" list on my layout keeps growing I decided to turn the corner (literally) and start working on my next layout section based on North Menands. That is a great thing about this hobby... I can work on what I like when I want. So, while backdrops and trees and detailing still await their turn I can focus on something new.

I could write again what I wanted my area to look like but I already did that five years ago! So, I will only add that this is going to be one of my favorite areas of the layout. From a model building perspective, I will need to scratchbuild or kitbash at least four different buildings or parts of buildings, including a warehouse, an Agway, and a quonset hut. It should be a lot of fun. Additionally, there is a small hill (on the very right portion of the above picture) on one side of the tracks, and a tree line with a cemetery on the other side of the tracks. It is a lot to squeeze in seven linear feet, and a lot of compression will be required. A little of the track remains if you look hard enough, but most is gone.  

On the plus side, all three industries still received rail service in 1984 and this area will be the primary switching area for my layout. It will be a fun winter to build it.

No comments:

Post a Comment