CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Friday, November 13, 2020

MMR Civil and Cars - Picture for banquet

As I have mentioned on my blog, for much of the past year I have been working on my Master Builder - Cars certificate as part of the Master Model Railroader program run by the NMRA. I had my cars judged over the summer by several MMR judges and each car was found to be worthy of at least 87.5 points, enough for a merit award on its own.  Also, about a year ago, I was also awarded the Model Railroad Engineer - Civil certificate. Due to Covid, I haven't been able to receive the certificates yet in person. But, there will be a virtual recognition of the awards at the Northeastern Region's Virtual Convention

I was asked to submit a couple of pictures... one of me and one showing some of the work I did as part of the certificates. I will spare you the headshot, but below is one I took showing trackwork (Civil) and rolling stack (Cars) that I built for the two certificates. 

My wife is holding the just-received backdrop which I mounted on the Gatorfoam, and because it is so light it was easy to switch to the other side (inside) of the layout for this shot. The first, blurry car is an O scale caboose, the second car is my On2 boxcar, and the rest are mostly HO scale (an OO scale cattle wagon is also pictured). Someday I will learn how to make all parts of a picture sharp, but for now this is the best I could do. 

Seeing them all together really brings home how much enjoyment I had building them. It was a lot of work, but I learned a great deal and had a blast in the process. Each car took about 20 hours to do, and the increased modeling time was one of the few benefits of Covid.

EDIT: link to the video of the virtual banquet presentation (I am at 1:15:10). I have no idea why the picture above wasn't used, but there is a picture of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment