CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Then and Now: Colony Liquor (1984)

The shot below is dated July 23, 1984, and shows a southbound set of three engines passing by Colony Liquor. I imagine it is transfer of motive power to Kenwood Yard, which is a few miles south of here. I modeled that building as was previously shown on my blog here, here, and here. I had to make a few reasonable guesses when building it as I didn't have clear roof-top shots. The roof vents I used are too large for the building, but I am not in the mood to remove them at this time. Overall, though, I think I did a good job in capturing its 1984 appearance. 

Here is a more recent shot I took on October 12, 2012. The building hadn't changed much in twenty-eight years. The green exterior paint had held up remarkably well.

No comments:

Post a Comment