CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Thursday, July 8, 2021

D&H Geep #573 in Portland, ME

I haven't done much modeling lately because I have been working on a new kitchen floor for the wife. It has taken away a lot of my free time, and the summer heat (which I hate... give me snow any day) kills my desire to do anything but crash on the couch and read train books. 

But, I still run into neat pictures and here is one from July 03, 1984 in South Portland, Maine. It has D&H high-nose GP-7 #573, one of the very few first-generation geeps actually painted or lettered for the D&H. More information about her can be found here and here.  

Look at all the steam and/or smoke the engine is putting out. I don't think those are clouds in the background, but I might be wrong. Anyway, coupled with a B&M Geep it is making good progress with a mixed freight. And look at the condition of that track on the left of the mainline!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if any of those D&H Geeps are still around. I may be going to Waterville Maine towards the end of the month, where Pan Am keeps their dead locomotives, so we will see...

    ReplyDelete