CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

If I were going to write a caption for this slide, which has no information on it, it would be: "D&H in a winter wonderland." I believe it is somewhere between Albany and Binghamton which runs parallel to I-88. It makes for a pretty winter scene. 

2022 was an interesting year filled with lots of ups and a few downs. Harrison has proven to be a real blessing in my life, and he certainly keeps me on my toes. I didn't have as much modeling time as I used to, but I did get a few projects completed such as my Southworth building finished for my layout. My custom Lionel train project turned out nice, though it was a bit more work than I expected.

Hopefully, my wooden engine house will earn enough points in merit judging so that I can earn my MMR certificate. If it does, I can work on something else besides scratchbuilding structures! (I have built 20 structures for my layout or my MMR in a little over two years). I am a bit burned out at the moment.

I also got to attend several train shows, ride a real train, and see a few more while railfanning (including Canadian Pacific, the Batten Kill, and Amtrak). I would like to think that things are back to normal, at least when it comes to my hobbies. 

What isn't normal is trying to eat trains, but I suppose when I act like Cookie Monster around him all the time he is bound to pick up bad habits!

Here's hoping 2023 is even better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment