CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Former D&H Alcos on the Arkansas & Missouri Railroad

When I first purchased this slide (dated August 1987) I thought something was off but I couldn't put my finger on it. I mean, I was squinting at a slide roughly 1" square and holding it up to a ceiling light to see what it is (at the noisy Springfield train show no less) so I was just happy to identify it as a D&H train. When I got home and looked closer, I saw the "A&M" on the lead engine's hood and the dark maroon paint scheme of the third engine that had to be the Arkansas and Missouri Railroad. They were, and are, still a big proponent of Alco engines.

So, not a true D&H train per se, but if close enough (if you don't look too hard)...



No comments:

Post a Comment