CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Four new On30 WW&F car kits

I decided I wanted a couple of On30 cars for a Maine 2-foot narrow gauge train I am putting together (those are O scale narrow gauge cars that run on HO track because the gauge isn't a pure 2' or 3' but a compromise of 30"). Bachmann makes a lot of great On30 stuff but aside from their Forney it isn't based on Maine narrow-gauge prototypes. So, I looked elsewhere, and one company that offers a lot of Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Railway (WW&F) kits is Train Troll. When I saw that they had a WW&F flatcar, gondola, and several different boxcar kits for sale I purchased one of each. And I am glad I did too, as the boxcar kits are generally not available at this time. I worked with the owner, Andy, to get decals and trucks for the cars and he was very helpful.

I don't plan to build them right away but will put them in my stash of things to work on when the weather gets colder. Right now, I have some structures to finish and then perhaps my 1/8 scale scratchbuilt caboose will become my next priority. But I am glad I have some fun future projects lined up.



No comments:

Post a Comment