CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Six structures down, six to go...

Over the past two months I have worked on building structures for my layout (2), as well as structures for my MMR certificate (6). I haven't reached the burnout point yet but the weather will eventually get nicer and I will want to spend less time in the basement and more time outside (or perhaps working on my 1:8 scale scratchbuilt caboose project). But while the iron is hot I am pressing on.

I haven't ever had a structure judged before, so I don't know what to expect regarding the level of detail and complexity required. However, one requirement is to scratchbuild at least 6 of the 12 structures and I have accomplished that. Another is that 6 of them must earn 87.5 points for merit awards, and I hope that at least 3 of the buildings I have made thus far are worthy of that. So, I am feeling comfortable that my efforts have not been in vain. If nothing else, they make for a nice display in my cabinet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment