CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Sunday, March 17, 2019

D&H Sign!

D&H sign leaning against a 2' x 4' piece of plywood.
I was recently given the opportunity to purchase a beautiful D&H sign from the family of Glen Sauter. Sadly, he passed away in 2018. While he primarily modeled tractor trailers and trucks, and frequently exhibited at the Albany Great Train Extravaganza, apparently he had some interests in trains. From the information I was able to gather, the sign was recovered from the Watervliet Yard Offices, which I assume were Colonie Yard Offices. It is made out of hardboard, not metal, and it is in pretty good shape for its age. Mr. Sauter's widow told me that it was over 50 years old. I know nothing else about the sign but would love to hear from anyone with more information. I am very happy to have obtained another piece of D&H memorabilia with provenance.

1 comment:

  1. The plate girder bridge in Ballston Spa has a D&H sign on it, it would be nice to get it from CP for my train room, but that would probably not happen. :(

    ReplyDelete