CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Inspirational track laying from India

I ran across Vikas Chander's website recently and what I saw simply amazed me. Nothing he does is simple! Laser cut cork roadbed with the rail lines engraved in it, precision soldering of rails for module-to-module joints, and amazing track alignment tools. He is living in India and modeling the German Railways (DB).

Here is a link to his website showing the page for his module connections, but I also recommend if you do nothing else you scroll though to the bottom of his page on handlaid trackwork. Go slow through the pictures, as about half-way down is a Fast Tracks jig he had custom made for hand laying a double crossover flanked by three double-slip switches. My head hurts just looking at it! Equally inspiring are his other pages on subjects such as installing Tortoise machines and Kadee uncouplers.

His latest blog post shows the layout as of 2015, and the craftsmanship is outstanding. I won't lift any of his pictures to post here, so you will need to check it out yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment