CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

MMR: Structures certificate earned!

It's official. All of my efforts to build twelve (well, actually thirteen) structures paid off and I was recently notified that I had earned my Master Model Railroader "Structures" certificate. I won't actually be presented with it until this fall, but it is nice to know that I accomplished the end goal. Here is it still in its mailing bubble wrap from NMRA headquarters at my friend's house.

I already have four other certificates (Author, Electrical, Civil, Cars) and only need two more. My "Dispatcher" certification only requires 6.5 hours dispatching another peron's model railroad to satisfy those requirements; I already have 60% of the hours needed for "Association Volunteer"; and my HO layout had about 50% of the work done for "Scenery". And that doesn't include the "Association Official" credits I am earning as President of the Hudson Berkshire Division. 

My goal was to earn one certificate every two years, and in general I have been able to maintain the pace required for that. The end is in sight, and in my opinion the two hardest / most labor intensive certificates (structures/cars) are finished.    

1 comment: