CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Monday, January 16, 2023

Bad case of the shingles

The roof on my engine house is sure keeping me busy. I decided to use cedar shingles instead of commercial cardstock shingles like I did on some of my other structures. To make it more personalized, I cut them myself from larger sheets of thin cedar wood. And then I apply them one at a time. 

If it sounds like fun, it was... at first. Now, it is just a process I work on now and then when I have some free time. The picture so far shows 681 shingles in it. I am about 1/4 of the way done. My technique started off a bit rough but I am getting the hang of it. Nevertheless, its rustic appearance will match the character of my engine house perfectly.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some more work to do.

Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall, ninety-nine bottles of beer... take one down, pass it around, ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall. 

1 comment: