CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Partially repainted D&H caboose #35721 (1971)

I enjoy collecting and weathering models of D&H cabooses, as I previously described on my blog. But, because my layout is set in 1984 I could never justify purchasing one of the D&H's yellow bay window cabooses that they ordered in 1968. The paint faded and weathered badly and by the early 1970s they were already being repainted red.

I came across the slide dated August 1971. Based on the unusual vertical weathering break line along the left, I can only assume that side of the caboose was washed and/or repainted and then stenciled with the "Delaware & Hudson" logo. But what led to that? 

The situation is very similar to this D&H boxcar that received the same treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment