CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Leaning engines in Mechanicville

March 8, 1981
#761: "Psst, guess what? I got a secret I want to tell you."
#7613: "Ooh, I love secrets! What is it?"
#761: "Shh, get closer. I don't want the others to hear it."
#7613: "Okay, how about this?"
#761: "No, even more, this is top secret and just going to be between us."
#7613: "I understand you, but I'm leaning as far as I can!"
#761: "That's better. Did you hear about what's going on in Colonie ... "

The slide shown here has been on EBay for a couple of weeks now. For some reason, whenever I saw it the above conversation would take place in my head and make me smile. Simple minds... I guess. I finally had to buy the slide and put an end to the silliness!

It also shows that engine house track in Mechanicville probably could have used a little leveling and tamping.

No comments:

Post a Comment