CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

RIP Pan Am Railways

As of midnight on June 01, 2022, Pan Am Railways ceased to exist. It was purchased by CSX in 2020, though it took several years of approvals and regulatory processes before it became official. I always wanted to railfan Pan Am between Albany and East Deerfield, but never made it. Now, the best I can do is to photograph CSX along that line. CSX took out Conrail (well, with Norfolk Southern's help) and they took out Pan Am. For all practical purposes, I wasn't modeling any part of the line that belonged to Pan Am. But it still hurts. I really hate CSX!

Here is a shot I took of a Pan Am train in Rotterdam on May 15, 2021, at the western-most portion of their railroad. It looks like CSX was already starting to take over their locomotives.



No comments:

Post a Comment