CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Sunday, October 8, 2023

D&H train passing through Cohoes (1977)

This is a special slide in my collection. I don't have many images featuring the Cohoes Station. At the time this picture was taken on October 08, 1977, the station had been closed for years (late 1960s). Also, I count six big Alco C628 engines. That is a lot of horsepower!

But most importantly, it was featured in a published D&H book. I have lots of D&H books, and I always look at the list of contributors to see familiar names. But with this slide, I was able to help a little towards the cause. The station is currently used being used as a medical office building, which is a significant step up from the OTB that it housed for years.

Some other pictures on my blog showing the same area can be found here.

2 comments: