CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

D&H #4075 and 44-tonner (1980)

Here is an interesting shot taken in October 1980 in Colonie Yard. The two blue dip engines (RS3 #4075, and C424 #415) aren't anything remarkable. However, the GE 44-tonner is a big deal. I don't know where it came from, but perhaps it was an engine that worked at the nearby Army plant and was sent here for service? Who knows. But, I love 44-tonners saw when I saw this slide I had to buy it. I don't think any of the B&M or Maine Central 44-tonners ever made it onto D&H rails during the Guilford time, so this might be one of the only instances when a 44-tonner was at Colonie.

















Edit: per this website, I think the engine belonged to Allegheny Ludlum Steel which was located across the street from the Colonie Shops.

2 comments:

  1. That 44-tonner might belong to Allegheny Ludlum Steel across the tracks from the Colonie Shops. Colonie did work for other railroads and companies that did not have heavy backshops of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I just looked online and think you are correct, so I updated my post.

    ReplyDelete