CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Announcement: Athearn ex-Reading patched D&H GP39-2

Athearn has really been helping the D&H modelers recently. In the past couple of years they have released blue-dipped GP39-2 engines and lightning stripe GP38-2 engines, and now they are putting out a few more in the lightning stripe scheme and the ex-Reading patched scheme.

Here is the official Athearn announcement. The lightning stripe engines are too modern for my layout. I already own a couple of blue box Athearn GP38-2 engines in different blue dip schemes, but the green and yellow #7412 is just perfect and would help break up the mostly blue roster I have. Atlas offers it too, but this is supposed to be a better model. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those are nice! Too bad they will most likely be way over my budget... I could really use a Reading Patch Out to break up the blue as you said.

    ReplyDelete