CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Adirondack Live Steamers 40th Anniversary Meet

The Adirondack Live Steamers in Saratoga Springs, NY, recently celebrated their 40th anniversary. The event slipped away from me, despite the fact that in 2013 I had an article published in Live Steam and Outdoor Railroading magazine in 2009 about the 25th anniversary meet in 2008. In any event, I sadly cannot make it up to ALS as much as I used to but Sarah and Harrison joined me for a Saturday afternoon there. 

There were more steam engines operational than any event I can think of, in part because a huge group of people from the Montreal Live Steamers joined us for the weekend. Two engines I was very happy to see was a three-truck shay engine designed by the Kozo which was featured in an article I wrote for Live Steam magazine in 2011, and Charlie Chermak's magnificent Chessie pacific engine which the largest reason I fell in love with the live steam hobby as a boy.

In no particular order, here are some pictures I took.























No comments:

Post a Comment