CP Executive train in Albany

CP Executive train in Albany

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Federal Railroad Administration T10 RDC

One of the slides in my collection is of the Federal Railroad Administration's #T10. It is an interesting piece of railroad equipment, and when I saw that it was in Colonie in 1983 I just had to purchase the image. I found out that Budd built ten of these for Connecticut DOT and they weren't very successful. Budd also built an eleventh car, and it went to the FRA..



Here are some more pictures of what I think is the same car, though repainted in a newer paint scheme, on RRpicturearchives online. The paint schemes shown in the pictures are confusing though. Either the front and back are painted different (note the presence or lack of the orange/black diagonal stripes) or the dates on the uploaded pictures are off. Sometimes the ends are black, sometimes silver with a thin red band.

I am not sure why it was on the D&H in 1983. Anyone have any additional information?

No comments:

Post a Comment